County of Sonoma Department of Human Services is the right place to start when you need support.
The program CalFresh stretches your food budget.
CalFresh gives you monthly benefits on an ATM-style plastic card, called an Electronic Benefit Transfer or EBT card, that you can use to purchase food.
The CalFresh card can be used instead of money for food at grocery stores and many local farmers markets. The benefits help you afford to buy the groceries you need to be healthy.
Known as CalFresh in California, this food and nutrition program is part of a federal government program, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
Apply to CalFresh online, by phone, Fax, postal mail or in-person. If you cannot answer all the questions, you can submit an incomplete application with your name, address and signature, then work with our staff to complete the information.
You’ll need to be ready to answer questions about:
• The number of people in your home
• The money you get from a job or other places
• Your housing costs, including rent, mortgage and utilities
• Some of the things you own
• A few other bills
Many other helpful social services and programs are here for residents of all ages:
• Find a job or training to start a new career
• Employers can find qualified workers
• Care for foster children & teens
• Support for foster and adoptive parents
• Help protect abused or neglected children
• Safety and protection for seniors and dependent adults
• A countywide guide to services for older adults and seniors
• Support for U.S. military veterans filing benefit claims
• Report welfare benefit fraud
Human Services Department – Main Office
2550 Paulin Drive (Main Office)
Santa Rosa, CA 95403